Since we must jump in from our present location, let’s start with a few clicks. Let’s go to Textile Source and get a feel for the variety and wealth of options that will be driven by our target market. Return to this site many times to develop your sourcing skills.
Next, let’s go to IFAI (Industrial Fabrics Association International)
Their annual report tells us –“IFAI (Industrial Fabrics Association International) is a not-for-profit trade association comprised of member companies representing the entire specialty fabrics/technical textiles industry, a world market estimated at $132 billion in 2014.
Supporting more than 1,500 member companies in 13 market
niches and three country sectors, IFAI sponsors the largest
industry tradeshow in the Americas, provides industry news
and information via trade magazines, digital publications
and buyer’s guides, and provides education and advocacy on
behalf of member companies.”
“IFAI invests all profits generated by magazines, websites and trade shows to advance the industry and support benefits to member companies. For a complete annual report andfinancial statement, visit IFAI.com.”
IT’S YOUR INDUSTRY. CONNECT TO IT WITH IFAI is their slogan.
ANNUAL REPORT FY 2014 – MISSION
“The mission of the Fabric Graphics Association is to foster the development and growth of the fabric and graphics industry to the benefit of its members.
1. To promote and implement programs to advance fabric graphics industry.
2. To assist members in the promotion of their business.
3. To provide educational programs and seminars to increase industry knowledge of techniques, materials, and regulations, establish standards and market the fabric and graphics industry.
4. Seek relationships with other organizations serving this industry
5. Identify issues of common concern to fabric and graphics industry and take a pro-active role in implementing and seeking solutions for those concerns.“
IFAI Annual Summary Report for Fiscal Year 2014. Give attention to such areas as the mission statement.
The IFAI divisions currently (2015) include:
ADVANCED TEXTILE PRODUCTS: EQUIPMENT: FABRIC GRAPHICS ASSOCIATION:FABRIC STRUCTURES ASSOCIATION: GEOSYNTHETIC MATERIALS ASSOCIATION: IFAI CANADA:
IFAI JAPAN: IFAI OFPANZ:MARINE FABRICATORS ASSOCIATION: NARROW FABRICS INSTITUTE: PROFESSIONAL AWNING MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION:TARP ASSOCIATION:
TENT RENTAL DIVISION: UNITED STATES INDUSTRIAL FABRICS INSTITUTE